Monday, October 17, 2011

a note from F

Mexico. Were here. I’ll just do the car…. We went out for a drive today with R which was good. First thing that hit me was I had forgotten just how hot the Jag is. And that was in shorts and a T Shirt. It’s going to be much warmer in a Nomex race suite.. On the up side the intercom system is really good (we have head sets so we can talk when we don’t have helmets on). When you take them off its really loud. The car feels good but the engine needs work to sort the pinking issue which makes it really hard to drive. We’ll change the brake pads to a softer compound as although the brakes stop well they seem to lack feel. We have new disks being delivered to the hotel so we’ll change them as we’ll (if they arrive in time). I have a list of stuff to do but it’s all small stuff. I will be happy when the engine issues are sorted at the moment that’s my big worry.
-f


No comments:

Post a Comment